Why Should You Use Social Media As A Part Of Your Internet Marketing Plan?
Do you know how to make the best out of social networking? Your internet marketing plan is intended to drive volumes of traffic towards your website. You’ve back linked, SEOd, keyworded and everything else but are you ignoring all the benefits that social networking sites can bring because you just can’t get your mind around how it works?
The fact is that social networking is here to stay and as more and more people browse the web, more and more people are joining social networking sites. As you write out your internet marketing plan don’t skip over the social networking section, read on here to find five great tips on how to get started.
Social Media – The Basics for Your Internet Marketing Plan
Social Media sites are driving a whole new way of living for us today. People stay in touch with each other using these sites and this is where huge opportunity exists. Whoever you talk to about building an internet marketing plan that includes social networking there is one very clear message. Don’t log on, create a profile or do anything until you have spent some time defining exactly what you want to achieve. It’s important to know how and where you can connect with the right type of people for your niche.
Whilst people are busy interacting with each other online, if your business “sticks” out to them then there is a very good chance they will be sharing your content using their own network of family and friends. “Thanks very much, I’ll have some of that”. The secret is about how do you make your product and service “stick” in their memory, better still how can you make your product, service, brand, website attractive enough that when their friends hear about you they can easily find out more.
Social Media: 5 Key Things to Include in Your Internet Marketing Plan
1. Find the right social network – sounds obvious but don’t be tempted to sign up to Facebook just because it’s the biggest. Biggest is not always best. Put aside some quality time and use it to research what sites are out there. There are tons and the number is growing all the time. Find out what each one offers and what sort of people use it and then, and only then, decide which ones to use.
2. Write a Brilliant Profile – find some quality time and create a rich, detailed profile. You’ll really get a return on this time because your profile is how new people find you. They’ll be searching for keywords (yes, you remember them don’t you) and if you’ve got no keywords in your profile nobody will find you.
3. Share the love – Your social media presence is a way great way of sharing your latest content with a new group of prospective leads. Whether it’s video, audio or text get it published with keyword rich descriptions to attract your network, their network and those people who’ll find you via online searches.
4. Get to know what your network offers. Learn about it, yep more quality time needed here folks as well, and start to build those features into your internet marketing plan directly.
5. Sign ‘em All Up. Friends, customers, suppliers get ‘em all on board. The more the merrier because everyone of them who signs up, potentially can extend your network with theirs.
Social Media is not the black art that you might think it is. It’s obvious once it’s been pointed out to you. Click marketing for beginners now, to find out more about this great way of driving traffic to your site.
Filed under: Internet Marketing Plan
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!